Springfield Firefighters Local 37

On behalf of myself and all the members of The International Association of Fire Fighters Local 37, we would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our web page.

Organized in 1918 our members enjoy and appreciate the rich history and tradition the fire service has to offer. Fire suppression and Advanced Level Emergency Medical Service are two of the primary services provided to the citizens of Springfield and the surrounding area. However, our men and women also offer many other specialties such as; Hazmat mitigation, Technical Rescue and Dive Operations among many others. Our Fire Safety Division is tasked with making sure you stay safe while in town. They are responsible for providing inspections to commercial properties. The Fire Safety Division is also responsible for investigating cause and origin of fires to property. There are several areas of this site that are accessible to the public. Please take a few minutes to navigate through and enjoy this site. Feel free to contact any member with any questions. It’s been and always will be a pleasure to serve our community.

Ryan L. Sabo
President Springfield Firefighters Local 37.


[*]share |



Carbon Monxide Safety

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when carbon monoxide builds up in your bloodstream. When too much carbon monoxide is in the air, your body replaces the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide. This can lead to serious tissue damage, or even death.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas produced by burning gasoline, wood, propane, charcoal or other fuel. Improperly ventilated appliances and engines, particularly in a tightly sealed or enclosed space, may allow carbon monoxide to accumulate to dangerous levels.

Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include:
* Dull headache
* Weakness
* Dizziness
* Nausea or vomiting
* Shortness of breath
* Confusion
* Blurred vision
* Loss of consciousness

The single most effective prevention factor is a properly working carbon monoxide detector. The Springfield Illinois Fire Department will provide these as well as smoke detectors for free. Local 37 members will even install the detectors and provide home safety fire tips. Remember that the batteries of a carbon monoxide detector are usually only good for 7 years. If your alarm activates check the batteries. If you are unsure always contact 911 and on shift members can check your residence for carbon monoxide.


[*]share |



Follow this link to the list of winners in our 12 Days of Christmas Charity Fundraiser. As always, thank you for helping us give back to the community.


[*]share |



Local 37 Facebook Page


[*]share |



Local 37 Instagram Page




[*]share |



Local 37 Twitter Feed


[*]share |



Firefighters Lake Club Facebook Page



[*]share |



IAFF Headlines



[*]share |



 

 
  Apply



2nd On Today
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Upcoming Events




Union Web Design for Union Firefighters!


 
Member Login
Apply for an Account | Remind Me!